below the Mt. Kanchanjunga (8534 m), the third highest mountain in
the world and revered by the Sikkimese as their protective Deity,
Sikkim shares her borders with Tibet in the north; Bhutan in the east,
Nepal in the west and state of Bengal in the south.
Us - Contact
Us - Reservation
& Darjeeling Travel » Trekking
in Sikkim »
Trekking Services & Facilities
Trekking Services & Facilities
Services while on Trek will include:
Tour does not include:
meals as specified in the itinerary
- All accommodation in Tourist Rest House / tents on twin sharing basis.
- Mules for poterage while on trek to the maximum of 10 kgs per person.
No suitcases please only duffel bags.
- We recommend that every one bring their own sleeping bags and rucksacks.
- Toilet tents, camping chairs & tables.
- Kitchen tent.
- Dinning tent. (for 5+ pax)
- Services of English speaking accompanying qualified mountaineering instructor.
- Services of expert Local Guides.
- Services of cooks, porters etc.
- All camping equipment required on a trek and till the base camp for an
- Trekking fees.
- Camping fees.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Drinks, personal expenses, tips, laundry, telephone calls, personal medicines
and even expenses incurred due to reasons beyond our control such as bad
weather or road blocks due to land slides etc.
- Transportation to & fro the last roadhead.
- Airports tax or visa fees (A visa is required to visit India).
- Anything not specified in the itinerary as above.
- Any increase in road taxes, diesel, entrance fees or any other govt.-imposed
- Travel Insurance
- Evacuation charges, damage of any nature, entry permits, entrance fees
Terms and Conditions:
- Passport particulars are required 60 days in advance.
- All documents and vouchers will be handed over upon arrival in India.
- Departure taxes are payable when leaving India.
Company Liability :
- The client should make the reservation with the company along with 25%
of tour cost as booking deposit. The balance amount has to be paid two weeks
prior to the departure of the trek.
- The booking form should be completed filled, signed and returned to the
Company along before starting any kind of adventure activity.
- If the client is forced to cancel the booking prior to departure, the
cancellation policy will be followed.
- Once the trek/ tour starts and is cancelled due to any reason beyond
our control, the Company reserves the right for the payment of refunds to
the client and will be on Company's discretion
- In case of any delay beyond our control, the client will have to bear
extra cost for the extra days as per the option chosen on per day basis.
- The client will require a lot of acclimatization for the treks above
4000 mts of height and we suggest that you stay at least for three days
at a place, which is more than 2500 - 3000 mts of height.
- In case you would like us to make arrangements for your travel it would
attract extra charges.
- In case the strength falls below the stipulated group strength or the
Client can travel as individual travelers, then a different rate i.e. not
group rate would be applicable.
- Company reserves the rights to decline to reserve any person or persons
as client for any trek without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Please note and be well informed that there will be no refund of money
after the trek commences and if one cannot complete the trek or gets sick
enroute. However we will try to accommodate on the trail at lower altitude
and help you with softer trek on the trail. If you intend to get down to
base and stay in Yuksom, we will help you do that, however, the cost of
hotel will not be borne by us and neither will be for meals. We can definitely
help you trek to surrounding areas on the same cost.
Payment Procedure :
- It is in the nature of a holiday of this kind to be flexible. The day-to-day
agenda and ultimate goal of the tour is taken as an aim and not as a contractual
obligation. We shall not be responsible for the delays or alterations in
the program or expenses incurred due to conflict, international or internal
flight delay or cancellations, strikes, sickness, weather, war, vehicle
problems, political closures and disputes.
- The booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the potential
risks and hazards that can be involved in holidays of this kind. Holiday
Moods, along with our leaders/guides and any one else working in association
with us can not be held responsible for any death, accident or mishap that
may occur in connection with any part of, or services connected with the
holiday. The cost is for the entire package and there would be no refunds
in case any part of the package is not availed.
- Before the guests come on a holiday, they must be covered by insurance,
which has to include the cost of helicopter rescue and cost of repatriation
if they become too ill to continue. The travel insurance should cover Adventure
- The Company would not be liable to pay any kind of compensation arising
because of any mishap, sickness, accident etc.
Tour Cancellation :
- In case of clients residing in Foreign Country, we suggest to forward
us payments by Western Union Money Transfer, Bank Transfer only. The cost
for forwarding the payments will have to be born by the clients themselves.
Please ask us for your bank details
All notice of cancellation must be sent to our New Delhi office in writing.
Verbal cancellations will not be entertained. There is also no refund for services
not utilized. There will be a cancellation fee as under:
Extra Note :
- 30 days prior to Tour departure date: 50 % cancellation.
- 29 -15 days: 75 % cancellation
- 14 days and below including no show: 100 % cancellation
All schedules and other information are subject to change without notice and
to Government approval. Therefore, please check these data when you make your